Exchange 2007 SP2 (version 08.02.0176.002) can be downloaded from here.
For an overview of the new features that are available in Exchange Server 2007 SP2, see “What’s New in Exchange Server 2007 SP2”.
Key new features of Exchange Server 2007 SP2 include:
- Enhanced Auditing – New Exchange auditing events and audit log repository enable Exchange administrators to more easily audit the activities occurring on their Exchange servers.
- Exchange Volume Snapshot Backup Functionality – A new backup plug-in has been added to the product that will enable customers to create Exchange backups when a backup is invoked through the Windows Server 2008 Backup tool.
- Dynamic Active Directory Schema Update and Validation – The dynamic AD schema update and validation feature allows for future schema updates to be dynamic deployed as well as proactively preventing conflicts whenever a new property is added to the AD schema.
- Public Folder Quota Management – SP2 enables a consistent way to manage quotas by improving the current PowerShell cmdlets to perform quota management tasks.
- Centralized Organizational Settings – SP2 introduces new PowerShell options that enable centralized management of many of the Exchange organization settings.
- Named Properties cmdlets – SP2 enables Exchange administrators to monitor their named property usage per database.
- New User Interface for Managing Diagnostic Logging– SP2 enables Exchange administrators to easily configure and manage diagnostic logging from within the Exchange Management Console.