If the search in Outlook is not working and if you have tried ‘everything’, try the following workaround.
- First, try a repair of Office 2007
- Start | Control Panel
- Programs and Features (Add/Remove programs)
- Select Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007
- Click Change
- Select Repair and click continue
- Reboot the machine
- Then re-build the index.
- Start | Control Panel | Indexing Options | Advanced | Rebuild
- Open Outlook and create a new blank PST
- File | New | Outlook Data File
- Give a name for the new PST and save it
- Add the newly created PST to Outlook
- File | Open | Outlook Data File
- Select the blank PST
- Go to Tools | Options | Search Options
- Under Indexing, uncheck everything (including the mailbox) except the new PST
- Once this is done, keep the machine/Outlook running overnight so that the indexing gets a chance to complete.
- Select all the checkboxes under Tools > Options > Search Options
This should help the search behave.